Terms & Conditions
- Who we are
- Our website
- Our collection and use of your personal information
- Transfer of your information out of the UK and EEA
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Your rights
- Keeping your personal information secure
- How to complain
- How to contact us
- Do you need extra help?
WHO WE ARE
This website is operated by Cap Equity Advisors Ltd trading as CapEQ. We are a Mergers and Acquisitions consultancy and for more information see https://capeq.com/about-us/.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union and the United Kingdom and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Throughout our website we may link to other websites owned and operated by certain trusted third parties to make you aware of our partners, introduce you to relevant articles and any other reason arising. These other third party websites may also gather information about you in accordance with their own separate privacy policies. For privacy information relating to these other third party websites, please consult their privacy policies as appropriate.]
OUR COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information about you when you access our website, register with us, contact us, send us feedback, post material to our website and complete customer surveys via our website.
We collect this personal information from you either directly, such as when you register with us, contact us or purchase products or services via our website or indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website (see ‘Cookies’ below).
The personal information we collect about you depends on the particular activities carried out through our website. This information includes:
- your name, address and contact details
- date of birth
- details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media
- information about the services we provide to you
- details of your business interests and position
We use this personal information to:
- create and manage your account with us
- verify your identity
- provide goods and services to you
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you
- improve our services
- respond your questions and queries
This website is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information relating to children.
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When we use your personal information we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases on which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
- consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose
- contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
- legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
- public task: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law
- legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests)
- The legal bases we may rely on include:
FURTHER INFORMATION—THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT, WHEN AND HOW WE USE IT
For further details on when we collect personal information, what we collect as well as how we use it, please read the following sections:
|When information is collected||What information we ask for||How and why we use your information|
|When you register with us||Contact details: Your name, Email address, phone number and job role]|
We ask for this:
— to create and manage your account with us
— to communicate with you about your account
— to understand how you may be interested in our services
We will keep this information until:
— you close your account with us
— we close your account
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
WHETHER INFORMATION HAS TO BE PROVIDED BY YOU, AND IF SO WHY
We require you to provide your contact details to enable us to respond to your queries. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION OUT OF THE UK AND EEA
We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the area comprising the UK and EEA or to any organisation (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries. If you would like further information please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ below).
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We would like to send you information about service, news, completed transactions and other relevant information, which may be of interest to you. Where we have your consent or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or automated call.
We will only ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you complete a contact form, or request updates. .
If you have previously agreed to being contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe at any time by:
—contacting us at email@example.com
—using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails or ‘STOP’ number in texts
It may take up to 5 days for this to take place.
For more information on your rights in relation to marketing, see ‘Your rights’ below.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us.
- let us have enough information to identify you,
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and let us know the information to which your request relates
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in a European Economic Area state or in the United Kingdom if you work, normally live or if any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred in the relevant state. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: [0303 123 1113].
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 020 8044 4422